Saturday, March 7, 2009

March 7

Today I'm writing while we are driving to Santa Fe. Here is a link of the TranMountains we are passing along the way.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/el-paso/115675-here-pictures-taken-transmountain-road.html

Something we need to explore more on the next trip...Trans-Mountain Highway: El Paso and Franklin Mountains El Paso Texas Scenic Byways.

Traveling on Interstate 10 to the left our continuous cow farms and Alfalfa farms right on the side of the highway. To the right are the mountains. Here's a tidbit of info....they have large rats here call Nutria.....actually they have them in Lafayette also. Here is a link for more info on them...

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Farm/7720/nutria.html

New Mexico has terrific landscapes along I10. The redness in the mountains is starting to show up. Not sure what it is that causes the redness but will find out. Went through my first checkpoint…..a bit intimidating. Police and a dog. The wind is picking up and the temp is dropping. We are back in jackets, socks and shoes.

I think today was my first day of being in a rhythm of this trip. Blogging during the drive works well. When I see signs I can quickly look up what the area is all about. I’ve mentioned this before but it worth another mention……electronics makes this trip very easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment